Thursday, April 12, 2012

Caine's Arcade

Caine Monroy is a sweet little nine-year-old boy in East Los Angeles who built an entire arcade out of cardboard boxes in his dad's used auto parts store and waited for people to come and play. The heart and thought he put into this thing is just incredible so watch this touching film about Caine's Arcade and the best day of his life and prepare to smile and tear up like I did.


P.S. Thanks to people's generosity, a scholarship fund set up by the film's creator Nirvan Mullick now has more than $100,000 to go towards Caine's future.

4 comments :

  1. Yea, I totally teared up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was here smiling with tears running down my face. People can be so nice for someone they've never even met :)

      Delete
  2. I've seen this posted in lots of places, so I'm glad I finally had the time to sit down and watch it.

    I can't stop smiling. It makes you feel so much better about people, seeing things like this. Holy crap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I teared up as well. This proof of what can happen if we are a little kinder to each other.

    ReplyDelete

Say word.