Thursday, March 1, 2012

A Winter Trip to the Zoo

You know I had no idea zoos remained opened in the winter? I just assumed all the animals (yes, even the polar bears, penguins, and seals) were tucked in for a three-month-long nap and the whole thing shut down until spring came back around. Silly me.

When I learned that the Bronx Zoo was in fact open year round, I breathed a sigh of relief because I'd be able to shoot my Z and spend a sunny Sunday afternoon walking through Madagascar, a Congo forest, the African plains, and an Asian jungle - all in three hours.

Images: Z is for (Bronx) Zoo

6 comments :

  1. Nice pictures. I've been to one of the zoos here in Chicago on Christmas Day. Not all the animals were out, but a lot of them. And it was cold and snowy that day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what is that last one?! I like him the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY for taking a trip to the zoo! I love zoos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks of the all animals really quit. It through many task news are collection from here! Thanks for sharing information.

    ReplyDelete

Say word.