Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Mutual Weirdness

A. sent me this little cartoon last night and it made me laugh because this is pretty much us. If someone were to listen in on us, chances are they'd be treated to some pretty silly conversations and I love it. I love that I can just relax and let myself be exactly who I am: fun, ridiculous, unpretentious, and somewhat strange. I can tell him exactly what I'm thinking no matter how much of a goofball it makes me seem and I'm happy that I've found someone who feels comfortable enough to be same way around me.

It reminds me of Dr. Seuss' quote, "We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love."

Do you and your significant other have little moments of weirdness? I say embrace it!

Image: jimbenton.com

10 comments :

  1. One of my favorite Dr. Seuss quotes. I think those quirky things about each other that only your spouse/mate can understand is what makes any relationship really unique. I'm so glad I have my hubby who understands my silly ways and our kids find us entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh if you weren't silly before, kids definitely bring out that side of you. They love having us do crazy stuff for their entertainment.

      Delete
  2. We have way too many to count, or to put on here in comment form. But it's the essence of marriage, in my opinion. :) Weirdness compatible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww do share!! And I like that: weirdness compatible. Now I know where your kids get their goofiness from :)

      Delete
  3. We have so many inside jokes... People must think we are insane! Sounds like you have found your soul mate.

    http://cnavphoto.blogspot.com/2012/03/zen-time-for-me.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love inside jokes! It's like a little secret the two of us can share even when we're surrounded by other people. A quick connection where we barely have to say a word.

      Delete
  4. Oh hunny... there aren't just any "little moments" of weirdness in this household. Weirdness has taken a firm hold and refuses to be evicted. To be honest, compared to the first marriage, I wouldn't have it any other way. I'll take the fairly frequent "I butt-burped" (which means I better light a candle) over complete silence, neglect or haranguing every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why do I feel like A. has used that term before?...

      Anywho, I agree. I'll happily take the weirdness in place of a serious uptight who's too full of himself to let loose and have fun.

      Delete
  5. Absolutely! And I say embrace weirdness in all it's crazy forms! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. . o O (funny how it's people I know that commented on this...)

    ReplyDelete

Say word.