Wednesday, March 21, 2012

{Nesting} TaskRabbit


During brunch with a friend last Sunday, she mentioned that she'd hired someone to help her deep clean her apartment. She'd been putting it off for months and through TaskRabbit.com was able to outsource her chores and have people bid on it! It might sound a little weird to have a stranger come into your home, but think of all the time and energy that could be better used elsewhere and perhaps having some company is enough to kick your heinie into gear. Plus, all the bidders go through an application process with video interviews, essays, and a background check. She's also had people pick up boxes of clothes to donate to a charity of their choice and spend hours scanning in all her magazine clippings.

What tasks would you outsource to the willing? Oh what I wouldn't give to have someone agree to go up and down my fourth floor walkup to get my laundry done and cheaply...

Image: taskrabbit.com

3 comments :

  1. From time to time I say I wish someone would come and do my chores, but I know I wouldn't do it. I have the option; they offer the service to the disabled, and I was offered the oppertunity. I don't like the idea of someone coming and interfeering in my home, whether it's costing me or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might be a bit hesitant at first, but I'd have no qualms about letting someone else do my tedious tasks for me. Shredding, lifting, throwing out, running errands, shopping, all that I'd gladly give to someone else.

      Delete
  2. Now that you mention it in your comment to Toriz, shredding my old papers. But then again, would I trust them not to pilfer my personal info? I dunno. But paper shredding is the most annoying thing ever and we have boxes upon boxes that need to be taken care of.

    ReplyDelete

Say word.