Wednesday, March 14, 2012

{Nesting} Café Au Lait Bowls

Ever since my Souvenir Foto School classmate Intertwyned shared her collection of café au lait bowls with us, I haven't been able to get them out of my mind. They're so cheerful I'd love to start my mornings holding them between my fingertips. This selection made me want to nix a solid set in favor of creating one made from all different colors and styles and once I stumbled upon this ridiculous closet full of bowls I immediately started searching to begin a collection of my own. I can't return to Paris quite yet, but a girl can dream while she tears off pieces of her croissant and dunks them into a tiny bowl of hot chocolate.

1. Anthropologie Latte Bowls, $30 for six, anthropologie.com
2. French Café au Lait Bowls, $28 for two, etsy.com
3. Suchard Café au Lait Bowl, $18, huntingandgatherings.com
4. Bistro de Paris Café au Lait Bowls, $34 for four, poshchicago.com
5. Cote Bastide Small Bowl, $46, vintageweave.com
6. Curate and Love Antique French Café au Lait Bowl, $42, etsy.com
7. Apilco Café au Lait Bowls, $76 for four, williams-sonoma.com
8. Pillivuyt Café au Lait Coffee Bowl, $26, casa.com
9. Campagne Plaid Red Café au Lait Bowl, $13, amazon.com

Images: anthropologie.com, etsy.com, huntingandgatherings.com, poshchicago.com, vintageweave.com, etsy.com, williams-sonoma.com, casa.com, and amazon.com

4 comments :

  1. This year I have developed an obsession with bowls (my fave are the west elm stripe + pattern lovelies) ... and I am pretty sure I can blame beautiful italy for it. Hubby and I rented an apt in rome and every am we would have a HUGE coffee cup (size of a bowl) out in the balcony of our penthouse. Huge for a coffee cup, but small for a cereal bowl - just perfect! Oooooh, how I miss the view. Never been to Paris, yet it's on my list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Renting an apartment in Rome sounds dreamy! We stayed at an Airbnb spot in Paris and the guy ended up leaving it to us while he went to a conference in Switzerland. Best stay ever, it was like living in Montmartre for a few days.

      Delete
  2. I have #1 in the lime green color. Bought them at Home Goods. I love Home Goods.... Brand name items sold for cheaper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to have to pay you a little visit for some sisterly borrowing. You know the kind. The one where one sister lends you something and then you fail to return it for 3+ months...

      Delete

Say word.