Monday, March 19, 2012

{Monday Inspiration} The Best Things Come to Those Who Do

After meeting up with a couple wonderful and talented women this week who for one reason or another have been blocked in acting on their dreams, I'm more sure of this than ever. We spent so much breath talking about all the things we'd like to do, but then the next second defeat ourselves with excuses before even trying. It's too hard. I don't have time or energy for a side job. I don't know how to promote myself. I'm too scared to put anything out there. I want to do too much. Whatever it is, we wait and push it aside thinking we need the time to collect ourselves, to truly come out guns blazing, but guess what? Nothing happens! Nothing at all if we keep playing this waiting game. How good could you possibly get if you don't bother to try in the first place. Even if you're already amazing at what you do - and I'm sure you are! - there's so much improvement and learning that comes from putting yourself out there, from seeing what people respond to, and even feeling what your heart gravitates to. And none of this education will take place until you finally do.

Image: etsy.com

8 comments :

  1. Totally agree! I say this, and should take this advice more often, though. But the times I have, I have been pleasantly surprised in the results. I just wish my daughter could read and feel this way about potty training. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well then just tell Evie that the best things come to those who doo doo.

      Ew. Children really do make you get up close and persona with all things gross, huh?

      Delete
  2. So let us make this week productive!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's like you wrote this knowing I needed to read it. My biggest problem? I have so many projects I often don't know where to start. I feel overwhelmed almost all the time. But I have to start somewhere, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Couldn't agree more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just take one thing, don't think of anything but the one thing and do it! Sometimes I inspire myself, after doing the one thing in record time, to do another!

    ReplyDelete

Say word.