Thursday, September 30, 2010

How to Give a Wedding Toast

Have you ever attended a wedding where the maid of honor just didn't know when to shut up and sit down? Or how about the best man who thought it'd be HILARIOUS to recount every single act of debauchery the groom committed in college? Yeah, um, *yawn.* Those kinds of people could totally take a couple tips from Lin-Manuel Miranda on how to give an entertaining wedding toast. The composer/lyricist/Broadway actor who created the Tony Award-winning espectaculo In The Heights, dreamed up this awesome wedding toast for his bride. I LOVE that their family and friends were such hams and agreed to surprise her with this show because the sheer look of happiness on her face proves that their efforts were totally worth it.

I don't know if I could ever bribe anyone I know to let loose like this in front of all those people. And P.S. if you haven't seen the In The Heights yet, what are you waiting for? (via Yeah, Sure, Youbetcha!)


5 comments :

  1. The only people I have given a wedding toast to are now divorced. It is awkward. I think I knew at the time it would end up that way. I don't ever want to be put in that position again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn, Kristy, what did you say to them?? :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. I KNOW!! Isn't that thing just a hoot?!? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Total awesomeness!! I loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The only toast I ever gave (to my older brother) was "whole wheat, white, pumpernickle or rye?" He wasn't happy.... but is still married - 25 years...

    ReplyDelete

Say word.