Monday, April 26, 2010

The 10-Year High School Reunion

I love it when things exceed my expectations! After Friday night's kick-off event at O'Casey's Irish Pub, I actually got all excited about my high school reunion. We mingled, caught up with each other's lives and seriously, thank God for name tags. Saturday night's outing was the bigger event (I didn't bother actually going back to the high school *womp, womp*) and good gravy were there people packed into Public House. You could barely move! I was glad that I made it out on Friday night because I got to talk to other alumni, meet new people and learn some names for Saturday (can't front though, there were some names I'd already forgotten).

I was also happy for the dinner right before. Some of my high school BFFs (most still are to this day) got together before heading downtown. It was great spending time with the marrieds, a mommy, the daters and singles and realizing that no matter how much time passes we're still essentially the same silly group. I love that one buddy's loud laugh is still as contagious as it was back then. She knows who she is.

That night, I was so huggy my buddies thought thought I was tipsy. (I wasn't guys, geez. I'm sorry you're not used to seeing the touchy feely side of me.) I was just incredibly grateful that it's been 10 years since we graduated - about 14 since we met - and we're still so close. If only everyone were this lucky :)

P.S. I'd totally put up a high school pic, but then I'm sure that whole friends forever thing would go right out the window.

P.P.S. As for Facebook? Well now we've all been gathering a slew of friend requests. Let's hope those people stick around months from now.

12 comments :

  1. I didn't go to mine and I actually regret it. It was before Facebook showed up so I feel a bit better now, but I do feel I missed out. Glad you went!

    I've just give you the Sunshine Award on my blog. Come by and check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked my 10 year as well...and crazy enough, the 20 year is this summer. AHHH!

    I'm looking forward to it, and hope it is a lot of fun (and the high school "drama" stays there--in high school). : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going by the first picture (with all the smiling goign on) none of you look like you graduated more than a year ago (two at most). I love the 'tude (Anonymous?) and the bug-eyed looks too. :)

    *Goes and does the math, if I had a reunion this year it would be 30 years plus. Ack!*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww. I loved my 10 year reunion more than I expected to also. If there is a 20 year reunion, though, I think I might pass. That would be a tad too much "look how hold we all are" reality for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ehh reunion...I'm not looking forward to mine, so I probably won't go. High school wasn't the greatest for me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ehh reunion...I'm not looking forward to mine, so I probably won't go. High school wasn't the greatest for me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah! Glad you had such a great time

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, the ten year reunion. :) I had to plan mine with some friends, so by the time the thing actually happened, I DID get a bit/lot toasted. Oops. I won't make that mistake again.

    That looks like a good bunch of girls in those pics. Gotta love wholesomeness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. p.s. Hubs says you look short.

    Duh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cool that it exceeded your expectation. You looked like you had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete

Say word.