Thursday, March 11, 2010

Wizard People, Dear Reader

Last night, I went to a girl's-only movie night and saw the funniest thing ever: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. Yes, Harry freakin Potter! Let me explain. While I've seen the movie and thought it was good and all that, what made yesterday's viewing a million times more awesome was Brad Neely's unauthorized, alternative soundtrack. While the muted movie plays, listen to Neely (a comic book artist who never read any of the books) narrate the film and add his take on what's really going on. I was dying on the couch. Loud snorts were coming out left and right. I couldn't breathe. It was a beautiful thing, really. If you like Harry Potter, you'll enjoy this new take (even if it did come out six years ago). If you hate the series, you'll love the mockery. Either way, go ahead and download Wizard People, Dear Reader for free or buy the 2-CD set. In the meantime, here's a taste:

3 comments :

  1. Hell yes! I did not care for Harry Potter when I saw it six years ago, but Neely's version made it *much* more palatable. Good times, Chica!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO!

    :) I think this is hilarious! I hope Mr. Neely can continue to do this without getting into copyright infringement troubles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh
    my
    dear
    heaven

    *snortles*

    I'm so sending hubby over to see this.

    ReplyDelete

Say word.