Monday, March 8, 2010

I Am Woman...Hear Me Roar!

International Women's Day is when the world celebrates the economic, political and social achievements of present women, those who walked before us and the little girls who will one day carry our torches. Today, be Proud of what we've accomplished, Dream of the things we can and will do and then Act on those goals you've pushed aside.

To celebrate, check out the festivities near you, view Reuters' wonderful slideshow of Women Living In Extraordinary Times or honor your own special lady by adding her to the International Museum of Women's map and then reading the inspiring stories pouring in from around the world.

P.S. Am I the only one who didn't even know there was an International Museum of Women?!

15 comments :

  1. There were balloons all about campus today for it! Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even know there was an International Women's Day, let alone a whole museum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with Em Static, I knew of neither, but thanks for introducing us to it! We certainly deserve our own day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guilty. I didn't know either. There's never any press on this and there should be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I didn't know there was a museum either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm giving you the Happy 101 Award! Congratulations!!

    http://rebelcinderella.blogspot.com/2010/03/omg-my-first-blog-award.html

    RC x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you roar? I didn't hear nothing....

    ReplyDelete
  8. A museum you say? I only had a small post, almost as dry as toast. Love the blog, and the title.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm here from SITS and saw the title of today's post. I wrote and performed a skit this weekend around that theme for a women's conference THEN discovered it was international women's day. FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't know about the museum either. Good to know.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nobody gave me a gift for woman's day. No one even congratulated me on succeeding at being a woman. Life with a vagina is not celebrated enough.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I didn't know about the museum, but in Ukraine, we celebrate it every year. :)

    Happy -belated- Women's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. psst... I didn't know about the museum either ;)

    *RAWR* right back atcha!

    ReplyDelete

Say word.