Monday, October 13, 2008

NL Championship Series Games 3 & 4

Argh, so the Phillies lost last night, but that was to be expected. Each time the Dodgers and Phillies faced off this season the home team won and since they're currently in LA for three games, I figured they wouldn't fare too well. And after I saw the score was Phillies 0, Dodgers 5 after just one inning, I knew it was a wrap. I just hope this home field advantage doesn't last through tonight and Wednesday night's games because then the Phillies will be in one hell of a tight spot when they come back home for the last two games (and they sort of kind of really suck under intense pressure).

Game 3 final score: Dodgers 7, Phillies 2

Game 4 final score: Phillies 7, Dodgers 5

The Phillies are now one win away from going to the World Series since 1993! But I'm not mentioning that again to avoid jinxing it. Three more games to go...

P.S. My buddy Joey Chestnut is at it again. Dude ate 45 pizza slices in 10 minutes (ugh) yesterday and won the first Famous Famiglia World Pizza Eating Championship over in Times Square. I think I've finally come to terms with the fact that I will never beat him. Last month the kid ate 93 hamburgers in eight minutes. I don't even want to know how he feels afterwards, but he should totally be a spokesperson for whatever meds he must take.

Image: timesonline.co.uk

No comments :

Post a Comment

Say word.