Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Message in a Bottle

So this guy found a bottle on a beach in the British West Indies this past August...almost 35 years after it was thrown into the Atlantic from a cruise ship! With the help of The Stamford Advocate, he was able to track down 46-year-old Andrew Tallos, who wrote the note when he was eleven.

So what exactly did the letter say?

"I'm on the Vistafjord. Write back to Andrew Tallos, Haviland Rd, Stamford, Conn. 06903."

Btw, the discoverer of the bottle and his family have found other beachside treasures before. Turns out they go in search of them during their Caribbean vacations. Sounds like a fun little adventure :)

So what special message would you release into the world? I think I'd write:

"We may not know each other, but my letter was meant to find its way to you. I hope it finds you well and if not, then know that someone out here is hoping tomorrow will be much better."

It's a message I'd like to find sticking out of the sand, waiting just for me.

5 comments :

  1. The Arrow And The Song

    (1)

    I shot an arrow in the air,

    It fell to earth, I knew not where; ;

    For so swiftly it flew, the sight

    Could not follow it in its flight.

    (2)

    I breathed a song into the air,

    It fell to earth, I knew not where;

    For who has sight so keen and strong,

    That it can follow the flight of song?

    (3)

    Long, long afterward, in an oak

    I found the arrow still unbroke;

    And the song, from beginning to end, ,

    I found again in the heart of a friend. 。

    -----by age of conan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what i would write, but it sure would be nice to find a customized message.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great Idea!
    I should do that next time I go to the Beach!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, a message in a bottle! Always wanted to do one, but never have... I love the message you would write! :) Would have to think about what I would write, I think perhaps I would write one of my favorite quotes. :)

    Thanks for your comment, really appreciate it! :)

    xoxo,
    S-C

    ReplyDelete
  5. idk what i would write or would like to see in my msg, id have to think about it. but during my college years, way back when, i was on the T and right under a window by a seat someone had written "life is beautiful".... idk... ill always remember that. it made me smile.

    ReplyDelete

Say word.