Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Photo-realism Via Ballpoint Pen

Can you believe that Spanish artist Juan Francisco Casas, 33, recreates these incredibly realistic portraits with only blue Bic pens? The popular drawings measure up to 10 feet high, use up to four 14p ballpoints and can take weeks to draw. I can't even fathom how much pain his wrist must be in once he's finished a piece, but if those wild snapshots are any indication of the life he leads, I bet he doesn't mind suffering for his art one bit.

12 comments :

  1. Wow. Those are really amazing.

    I'm 33, too. I'm so wasting my talent here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meanwhile, I'm here limiting myself by just WRITING with the damn thing. We'd better pick up the pace, Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If only I were this talented.
    ...If only I were talented in any area. At all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are amazing! Pure talent!
    Stopping by from SITS to say Hi!
    I am adding you so I can come back & read more!
    Please stop by!
    http://extremepersonalmeasures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am impressed. The power of a ball point pen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh good gosh! And this is with just a blue ball point pen? I can't even make decent letters and numbers with one of those!

    Neat find!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know! When A. showed me his work I was beyond impressed. The things some people can do...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dang. I wish I was that talented. I doubt I'd have the patience for it though...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are amazing! I wish I had a 1/456th of his talent!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, those are really cool. I like the detail in her hair.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are amazing! I love that they're done with pen!

    ReplyDelete

Say word.