Sunday, October 26, 2008

Sauciness, Awards and Prizes

It's a lovely start to Sunday when you wake up and realize your blog is considered a saucy one! This week I'm one of the Saucy blogs of the week on The Secret is in the Sauce (SITS).

I joined SITS last weekend when I found The Button (above) on several people's pages. It's a blog dedicated solely to help those addicted to comments. Here's the five step program:

Step 1: Check in daily to roll call (comment on the daily post)
Step 2: Visit the blog of the person who checked in before you to say hello
Step 3: Visit the featured blog of the day and shower that blogger with love (aka comments, comments and more comments)
Step 4: Visit saucy blogs of the week (like yours truly's)
Step 5: Participate on all the awesome giveaways they hold

Seriously. Why didn't I find this sooner?

So to all you new sillyheads coming by way of SITS, welcome!

Also, last night Susanna-Cole from Girl Meets NYC awarded me the I Love Your Blog Award! It's a cutie petutie one and I thank her so much for giving one to me (especially since I think her place is no less than fantastic what with those pictures and inspiring posts. She always has me thinking about my own actions).


In turn I shall give this award to curious girl, {sugarlens}, fancy feet and mindless junque (by Heather, one of the creators of SITS!)

Congrats ladies :)

And finally, I was chosen to Pay It Forward by Maki from w/ Love, Sincerely- Posh Mom's Diary earlier this week. So I in turn have to do something nice for three other people. So here's what I'm going to do:

As most of you know, I'm going away in two weeks for my solo escape to Cancun (eeeeee! Cannot wait! Anyway...) I definitely don't want to leave you guys without your daily dry toast for five days and I definitely don't want to park my butt at a computer during my vacay (Ok, I do but that's because I have problems) so instead I'm looking for guest bloggers. If you would like to write a sweet little entry about ANYTHING (so long as it's PG-13 and non-boring-as-all-get-out) please leave me a comment on this post. I'll choose a whole slew of you on Friday, provided a slew of you are interested, and will ask you to e-mail me your entries by the following Thursday, Nov 6th so I can schedule it in.

And out of those who participate, three will be randomly chosen to receive a little souvenir from Paradise and will be asked to Pay It Forward to three more people. So you get to write for me, you get to shamelessly plug your own blog/advertise whatever it is you're selling on Etsy, and you might win a little prize while I keep my readers entertained; it's win-win!

So let me know if you're interested! Enjoy the rest of your Sunday :)

49 comments :

  1. Congrats on your sauciness! I've never guest blogged before but I'd be happy to help out:) You could even give me a topic. I hope your trip is a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on being so saucy...but I'm already a devoted follower of dry as toast....you were already super saucy in my book....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to know that you found a nice to way to keep this Pay It Forward going!!!

    Congrats to your award - I had a fun time chatting with you while you're at work, too:D You're one funny woman!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brenda jean, thanks so much for being the first to offer to help out!! I'll let people know on Friday :)

    noah's mommy, thanks so much for the compliment. And did you see the game last night?!!? I was sooo sleepy and still at the edge of my seat. It was a close one, but they got it. Lets hope there's another win tonight.

    maki, it was great talking to you at work too! And thanks for giving me the opp to do something nice for someone else :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the awards and recog - when you leave for your trip? Again, very jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on being saucy and all your other awards! (found you through SITS)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're so saucy! Love the blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on being Saucy this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stopping by from SITS. Love the name of your blog, your favorite book selections and Paying it Forward! Glad to 'meet' you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am totally blogger-stupid. How in the world do you add that SITS pic as a link or whatever? They say copy and paste...but what type of "gadget" do I add it as? LOL I hate this techy stuff, I'm too old. I've decided officially.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tooj, I leave on the 8th and add an html gadget and copy and paste the link in that box. I should just join the Genius bar, huh? I'll check in to see if it worked for you or just shoot me another comment. I'm here. I have no life obvi.

    And thanks so much to the rest of you for your congrats! I'm making the rounds to check out your blogs :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on being Sauce-ay this week :) Off to read your blog...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on your sauciness and thanks for your visit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. ooh congrats, very saucy, I would love to be a guest on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Feels good to be saucy, huh?!? Congrats on your oh so saucy blog!! I'll be back for some "dry as toast" for sure!! Welcome to the SITStahood...

    ~Jill :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Whoo hoo! Congrats on being SaUcY!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on being Saucy this week! I hope you have a great trip and I'll be sure to check out your guest bloggers while your gone!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for stopping by my blog--and how exciting that you're saucy this week too! I'm like you, new to SITS and now enjoying what it has to offer.

    I've only read a few of your posts but TRIPLE LOVE it. See...if it weren't for SITS, I would have never known you were here!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on being a Saucy dame! Love your blog! xo - Ki

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just joined SITS today, and I can tell I'm going to enjoy it!! Congratulations on your award, and thanks for clarifying the rules of SITS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Here's your Minnesota weather update:

    Yes. It is snowing. Thankfully, it's not sticking! And the best part--60 degrees by Friday. Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
  22. CONGRATS on being SAUCY!!!! Enjoy all the comment lovin.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi from SITS! Congrats! And I can see why your blog is one of the saucy blogs! Your posts are so funt o read!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I would love to know, how the hell did you go from having 15 followers to 21, in just a blink?
    any secrets?

    ReplyDelete
  25. "The secret is in the sauce," lol!

    No, really, I don't know. I lucked out in getting chosen as a "saucy blog" for the week and so people know I exist now, which always helps I guess.

    Clearly I haven't changed anything else. I'll always keep writing my randomness regardless :)

    I do hope any new readers will venture over to the other blogs I keep tabs on and check them out too. They're all great!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Awwwww! Thanks for the award. I heart your blog too. You are the sauciest!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congrats on being Saucy! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congrats on the sauciness... I'm still waiting (and have been since ohhhh July! Did you really just sign up last weekend?), but the feedback from those I've read who have been featured is fantastic. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Congrats on your award and on being a Saucy Blog! I'm a huge SITS fan, and they're a great bunch of women. Lovely blog, I've enjoyed my visit today.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hey! You're surely saucy, Lady! :) Congrats! Looking forward to reading more. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Yay on being Saucy this week! And Cancun??? I'm so jealous. It was so cold here in CO today!

    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  32. You've got all kinds of love going on!

    We heart your blog and hope you enjoy a week of some extra comment love!!!

    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog! So, you're "Dry as Toast"...have seen you listed on other blogrolls. Nice to finally meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thanks for another award!

    And wow, 37 (38 including this one) comments. You are getting quite popular missy! I am still hovering around 1 or 2 comments per post. One from you and one from my husband. Hehe.

    Thanks for visitng my blog everyday! And don't forget the little people when you are rich and famous! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Again, thanks for the love guys!!

    christie, Yup, that's me! Pleased to meet you and again, happy bday :)

    And sugar, three (four including this one) of those comments are from me. And I always stop by your place, it's too cute. I won't forget you guys so no worries. I'm pretty sure it'll die down after a while...especially since I'm way too concern right now about the World Series to write about anything that other people might actually care about!

    So zzzzz's for everybody until the series is over (hopefully tonight!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  36. OMG! What in the world is SITS? See, me, I always knew us Latinas were SAUCY;-)

    ReplyDelete
  37. merc!! I didn't know you were Latina too!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Congrats on being Saucy! I guess you can use that sauce to go with your dry toast! :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Look at all the comment love!!! I'm not jealous that you're going to Cancun. Nope. Not at all. Thank you for the sweet award. It made my day!! And the fact that I'm NOT going to Cancun way easier to swallow.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Congrats to a saucy blogger from another saucy blogger. It is just too exciting!

    Oh...Cancun...I AM jealous. I love Mexico..in fact we were just checking the local weather online and hubs said he would rather be checking weather in Cabo! Have a great time. I have never been a "guest blogger" but would give it a try. I would love to do a day on "what not to wear to CANCUN!"....fabulous finds for winter that would never work in CANCUN and would most definitely also have to post a couple of DON'T pictures! (you know the ones with the black bars over the peep's eyes!) Except I'm almost sure there wouldn't be black bars over my pictures eyes! If you are going to wear it....well...be prepare to defend it baby!

    Enjoy the sauciness this week.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Your blog really is saucy!! Have fun on your trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Congratulations on your SAUCINESS!!!

    And if that weren't enough, you're going to Mexico too?? Hmmmm, something very unfair about all this!

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Say word.