Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Phillies Win!!

The Phillies are heading to the World Series!!! Eeeeeeee!! This could quite possibly be the first World Series I'll watch in its entirety since the Yankees faced off against the Marlins back in 2003. (Btw, what ever happened to Aaron Boone?)

Ok, now I know absolutely none of you give a crap about this, but if you knew how excited I am right now you'd make an attempt.

So go ahead. Humor me.

In the meantime, I'm going to call dad to see if he's started crying yet. haHA! Um, I mean...poor guy.

Game 5 final score: Phillies 5, Dodgers 1

P.S. Needless to say, Mr. First is happy. He got his birthday wish two days early :)

P.P.S. Dad's fine. I think he had already come to terms with the fact that his team sucks. If not, I'll make sure he gets there.

Image: delawareonline.com

4 comments :

  1. dORKYS!
    i'M GONNA PRETEND i'M EXITED!!
    YAY! TAKE THAT MUTHA &^$! PHILLIES WINS!! WOOO WHOO!

    PS: I don't know what team they are, I'm not much into sports

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha!! Thanks!! I'm seriously sitting here alone in my apartment cheesing away.

    And it's ok. I only understand wins and losses, but none of that stat mumbo jumbo :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad the Phillies won! They definitely deserved it. I'm mostly glad that the Dodgers lost. They beat my Cubbies. (But I'm not sure the Cubs actually showed up to play.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks!! And my dad was NOT happy the Dodgers lost so now the Phillies have beat both his teams (he's also a Mets fan). And it's looking bleak for his Red Sox too. He just needs a team to cheer on in each stage.

    Last night he even said that if the Tampa Rays win he's going to have to go for the Phillies. I told him we don't want him.

    But apparently he refuses to root for the Rays because of Evan Longoria's remark against Dominican teammate Carlos Pena.

    ReplyDelete

Say word.