Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Summer Concerts

Have you been to any outdoor concerts this summer? Just yesterday A. and I passed by the Naumburg Bandshell in Central Park just in time to catch a free tango concert! We laid back on the grass, wished the people behind us would shut up, and just stared at the sky until the sun set behind us. And last Sunday, I got to enjoy a bit of Lollapalooza through a live video stream of Florence + the Machine's set. Have you ever been to the music festival? I'd love to go someday or at least see Florence perform live as we've only just gotten into her and think she's a little awesome.

In September we'll be catching Yeasayer in Central Park's Rumsey Playfield and in a few weeks A.'s heading out to Black Rock Desert to participate in the hippie craziness that is Burning Man. From the looks of it, it'll be full of arts, experimentation, and testing your boundaries and I wish I were tagging along, but there's only so much a girl can do on a freelancer's budget.

What fun cultural things have you been squeezing in this summer? And what music are you listening to non-stop these days?

2 comments :

  1. I went to the Angelique Kidjo one in prospect park! so worth the $3.00 donation suggestion. Also, I am convinced I'm in love with Damian Marley, so that is playing in rotation you best believe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a huge music person, live or otherwise....but I can't get enough of a song that's probably older than I know. Jason Mraz's "I Won't Give Up".

    ReplyDelete

Say word.