Friday, February 17, 2012

Happy Friday!

Even though it means I won't get paid for a day, I am so glad it's a three-day weekend. This week was just draining for several personal reasons and I'm happy I can vegetate for a few days. And by vegetate I mean keep working on my side hustles and continue these four-hour long Pow Wow meetings I set aside for myself. I've also just signed on to contribute for a creative site next month that I'm excited to tell you more about soon. And next week I'll be picking your brain and asking about a couple things that have been on this blogger's mind. I'd love to hear your thoughts on what should come next for Dry As Toast!

In the meantime, some links from around the web:

1. Match a cocktail to your favorite music.
2. Make hot chocolate the French way.
3. A little trick for naming identical twins.
4. Sew up a macaron coin purse.
5. How to instantly dress up 99 cent mugs.
6. U is for United Nations. (Photographing these flags took two trips and a race against time!)
7. T is for Taxi Cabs. And look! I learned how to make colors show in a black-and-white pic.
8. Bonsai treehouses! (via Colossal)
9. "You are capable of wonderful things." It's true.
10. Four things to tell someone after a break-up.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend, my little monkeybutts!

Images: howaboutorange.blogspot.com, blogmilk.com, joannagoddard.blogspot.com, craftpassion.com, ohhellofriendblog.com, flickr.com, flickr.com, tokyogoodidea.com, outcamethesun.tumblr.com, and joannagoddard.blogspot.com

9 comments :

  1. Ummm, why didn't my super saiyan video make the cut!!?? Screw http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uL1V259xG3I

    NOW IT'S A HAPPY WEEKEND! LMAO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd set it aside to do so and then totally forgot. It was late...

      Here's a link for those who want easy access to the creepy craziness:

      Kid Believes Hes From Dragonball Z And Tries To Go Super-Saiyan On Camera

      Delete
  2. Do you have to have some special software to make colors show up in black and white?? Do share! I can't wait to hear what's in store for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been trying to get better at playing with Photoshop. The above trick was down using these steps.

      Delete
  3. Now I'm curious....

    Enjoy your weekend (what's left of it, anyway).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hope you did, too. We're actually still off because Monday is a holiday here. Yay!

      Delete
  4. Happy weekend! I hope you are enjoying it. That's a great shot of the United Nations flags. Can't wait to hear your exciting news!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you're enjoying it, too! And I see you guys have a vacation coming up? Where to next?

      Delete

Say word.