Saturday, April 30, 2011

Happy Weekend!

From beginning to end, this week has been a nice reminder of how wonderful friendships can be. On Monday, A. and I walked over to a friend's house to participate in her photo project and ended up staying til 3 in the morning talking. It still amazes me that even though I've only known her four months, it feels like we've known each other for years and I left her house that night feeling so happy that we bonded. (She was later inspired to write this poem after our visit.) The best part? I seem to have finally(!) found an arts and crafts buddy in her so we're going to start meeting up to work on our creative projects together.

On Thursday night, another friend hosted a karaoke night and once again I was thankful that my boyfriend is never "too cool" to act silly and join in on the fun. And yesterday, I was beyond touched when a group of writing group friends decided to band together to barrage another dear member with text messages of love as he left the city. So yeah, people can be pretty awesome sometimes. I hope you're all having a lovely weekend and sharing smiles with your loved ones.

I'm not a fan of pies or pink, but this first bday party is quite sweet and sophisticated.
Whimsical emoticon rings.
How to make crepe paper flowers and a DIY envelope surprise.
This birthday in a suitcase would be great for a picnic at the park.
Anyone else thinking of attending Paper Source's A Midsummer Eve Affair?
I can't wait to go to this National Stationery Show meetup in a couple weeks.
A geeky anniversary gift that made me immediately punch A. in the shoulder
and ask, "Why don't you ever do that for me?!"
It happened again when we saw this.

Image: thecoterieblog.com

5 comments :

  1. How lovely! Good friends truly make life extra special. Funny how our blog posts are polar opposites. Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to have good friends isn't it? We are planning a big party for Memorial day weekend and have just been shocked when we realized we want to invite 60 PEOPLE!! We live in a tiny little house with a medium sized yard so it looks like it will be quite a lot of fun! :) But who cares how crowded it is when we're all good friends who enjoy each other's company!

    Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting on my blog! I really appreciate it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must say that geeky anniversary gift was really cool (A. better get busy, he's got a bunch of work ahead of him).

    Its really nice to see you having an awesome weekend. High time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this reminded me of you, for obvious reasons:
    http://www.chroniclebooks.com/blog/2011/05/02/from-the-design-desk-a-toast-to-toast/

    thought you'd get a kick out of it. :)))

    ReplyDelete

Say word.