Monday, April 11, 2011

"Looking Into the Past"

Inspired by his love of history and fellow Flickr member Michael Hughes' "Souvenirs" series, Jason Powell started printing out old photographs of places and then holding them up in the modern day location that the original was taken. I love the precision in each execution and how the colors frame the old black and white photos. Just goes to show you how much the world around you changes over time. Still waiting on those hover cars though. (via exPress-O)

Images: flickr.com, flickr.com, flickr.com and flickr.com

2 comments :

  1. Yes! I agree- these are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cool. I do the same sort of thing (but mentally - without the old picture in hand) when I'm looking for "where was that so-and-so place?"

    I think I'll try this next time.

    ReplyDelete

Say word.