Friday, April 29, 2011

Royal Wedding Chatter

Me: Hey, have you heard of this tumbler blog called Kate Middleton For the Win? They have funny captions with these pictures like--
A: Who's Kate Middleton?
Me: [in five octaves higher than normal] WHAAAT?!
A: What? Who is Kate Middleton?
Me: Oh my God, stop asking that! Maybe I can pretend you didn't say it.
A: Who is Kate Middleton???
Me: SHE JUST GOT MARRIED TO PRINCE WILLIAM TODAY!
A: Ohhhhh, so that's what that was about.
Me: Are you being serious right now?

Meanwhile, I didn't even get wrapped up in the royal wedding hoopla/ media frenzy that's been going on for months and I still knew who the woman was. It also made me wonder...

Me: Man, why can't I marry a prince?
A: Well, you know I'm named after a prince...
Me: Two, actually, but what's that going to do for me?

Me thinks it's time to shop around!

Image: katemiddletonforthewin.tumblr.com

6 comments :

  1. WHO'S KATE MIDDLETON??

    Okay, fine, I HAVE been into all this Royal Wedding hoopla, but still. Does he live under a rock?

    As for the Prince shopping, if you don't get anywhere with the top 10 there are, like, hundreds of princes in Saudi Arabia. And even the ones that are married are still available with their laws. You know. Just sayin'.

    Come to think of it, what the heck am I doing in practically the ONLY country that doesn't have royalty?? I need a travel agent immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *giggles*

    I'd love to have A.'s information overload prevention filter.

    :) Granted, you would make a wonderful Princess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From your keyboard to God's RSS feed...

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! Is he serious? I've been doing my best to keep well away from "the wedding" hype, and I even knew that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I'm not sure how he managed to miss it all, but must say I am a little jealous. LOL! Before the wedding it was fine, but they still will not stop! :)

    And if one HAD to choose a handsome prince my vote would be for Sweden! He isn't bad on the eyes! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that is hilarious. And it sounds just like conversations I have with my boyfriend!

    ReplyDelete

Say word.