Sunday, July 27, 2008

Sunday Round-Up

Comics.com

The Buckets























Overheard

Mmm...Marriage...

Art teacher: This piece is from the enlightenment period in England and is called "Marriage a la Mode".
Kid to friend: Wait... Marriage with ice cream?
--Bronx Science Art History Class

So It's Like a Blog That You Carrry Around?

20-something girl: Today I saw the cutest rat, it was just sitting there cleaning itself.
20-something guy: No way! I saw a cute rat today too. When I came to New York I thought that all the rats would be huge with glowing eyes and sharp fangs, but I kind of wanted to keep it... Look! I even wrote it down. (gets out notebook) Saw first rat today, it was surprisingly cute.
--4 Train Station

You're Barefoot, Amy

Sober girl: You have no idea what's going!
Drunk blonde: Yes I do! I am still totally relevant to what is going on!
Sober girl: Wait, what?
Drunk blonde: Oh, relevant of! Relevant of what is going on!...Aren't these shoes sexy?
--Santa Barbara, California


Did You Know?

- You can get your pedicure done by fishies
- Sophie Kinsella's real name is Madeleine Wickham and has written under both names
- You may have unattractive habits that could totally turn men off (because that's a shocker.)

Braingle

Solve the rebus puzzle below:
023456789 lives ever ever ever ever

(click on comments for the answer)

Video


Daily Puppy Pick of the Week
Tek the Australian Shepherd




















You Tell Me...
If you could give your younger self three pieces of advice what would they be?

3 comments :

  1. Braingle Answer:

    No one lives forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 things:

    1. I would tell myself to make decisions based on what I want not what people around me want.

    2. Don't complain so much. I complained about a lot of things that looking back were insignificant.

    3.Tell people how you feel about them. I know my mom knew I loved her, and I told her frequently. But if I had known, I would have told her every single day that she meant the world to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm...I think mine would be:

    1- Smile more. Things have this funny way of turning out ok.

    2- The "cool people" are just as lost as you are. Most young people have no clue what they're doing or where they're going.

    3- Whatever you're worried about now won't even be a blip on your radar next year.

    There's lots more though and most of them might be my future self telling me these things.

    ReplyDelete

Say word.