Friday, July 25, 2008

Mets v Phillies Update

So turns out I never watched the second and third games despite the fact that I wanted to see how the battle would unfold. Either way I thought I'd share with those interested few the scores of the three games:

Game 1: Phillies 8, Mets 6
Game 2: Mets 6, Phillies 3
Game 3: Mets 3, Phillies 1

I guess they both got tired as the days dragged on, but now the Mets have clinched the top spot in the NL East (for the first time since April 19) and the Phillies drop to second (thanks to Rollins being kept out of the lineup for most of the game as punishment for being late earlier that day). Are the Mets going to hold onto first or let it slip through their fingers like so many times before? Who knows. (Kidding! They will so drop the ball on this one. Pun intended.)

Tonight the Mets play the Cardinals while the Phillies host the Braves.

3 comments :

  1. And the Yankees play the Red Sox! Now thats a game to watch!!! The bitter enemies!!!! OHHHH AHHHHH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! Hopefully no blood is shed tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe if Jose Reyes played naked... I'd watch more baseball .. I'd recorded it and rewatch it again tomorrow and the day after that and again on Tuesday too.

    ReplyDelete

Say word.