Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sunday Round-Up



New section alert! Sunday Round-Up will be a collection of lighthearted bits and pieces to end out your week. If you find anything cool you think should be in that week's round-up (pics, videos, cartoons, jokes, articles, total randomness, etc) send them my way :)





Comics.com













Overheard in New York

And Getting Better Every Minute

Girl (sobbing): I'm sorry... I know cheating is never the answer... I'll do whatever I can to make it up to you.
(long silence)
Guy (chuckling): Sorry for laughing. I'm just thinking of what a better person than you I am.
(five minutes later)
Guy (still chuckling): You know you're hot and guys hit on you all the time but what you forget is that I'm hot. Girls hit on me every day. But I'd never cheat because I'm a good person.--Metro Cafe, 57th & 5th

From the Long-Awaited Ernest Goes to ESL

Girl to old man in baseball cap: What does the "E" on your hat stand for?
Old man: (unintelligible)
Girl: The "E"? What does it stand for?
Old man: (unintelligible)
Black lady observing scene: E stands for the English he don't speak.--A Train

Was That the Beginning of a Haiku?

Strange Latino man to girl: Excuse me, but I was wondering, do you like poetry?
Girl: (stares for a moment) Um, vomit.--104th St & Broadway

Braingle

1-2-3-4-5-6
I am a 6 letter word.
Letters 6-5-2 spell out a drink.
Letters 4-5-2-3 spell out a fruit.
Letters 1-2-6 spell out a pet.
Letters 3-2-6 spell out a pest, which often gets eaten by 1-2-6.
What am I?
(click on comments for the answer)

Daily Puppy Pick of the Week
(Btw, it was super hard picking just one!)

Dennis, the West Highland Terrier

1 comment :

  1. Braingle Answer
    CARPET.
    6-5-2: tea
    4-5-2-3: pear
    1-2-6: cat
    3-2-6: rat

    ReplyDelete

Say word.