Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Anthology: Living with Substance & Style

Knowing how several major titles have crumbled over the last couple years (and the number of people who mourned Domino's fall), it still warms my heart when I hear about a new one daring to venture into the storm. One I just learned about is Anthology, a quarterly publication focused on home decor, travel, design, entertaining and culture that's set to debut in October. The inaugural issue covers simple dinner party ideas, affordable artwork for a good cause and plenty of interior design makeovers, tips and photos. Anthology also sheds the spotlight on a collection of well-known creative types such as Design*Sponge's Grace Bonney.

It might look like a small start-up magazine and their subscription prices are quite high, but hopefully it'll find a steady base among artistic souls. Flip through a preview of the premiere issue here and check out their cute stop-motion video below. "Print is not dead," they say. Indeed it isn't.



Image: issuu.com

3 comments :

  1. That is a cool video. :) I like some of the effects - like where her shoes chase after her after she gets out of bed.

    Print isn't dead. And it won't be until electronic readers are as easy to read as (and are perhaps just as "disposable" as) a paperback book.

    Perhaps you will be writing for this magazine and then the chief editor someday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I don't know about all that, but thanks for the though! And yeah, I loved the animation. I still haven't had enough of stop-motion and time lapse videos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wish I had the time for print reading! All I ever seem to see are homework sheets, data figures at work, and the occasional TV guide. Printed on the television. :) I have three books started if that counts.

    ReplyDelete

Say word.