Sunday, December 20, 2009

Oh Christmas Tree!

I finally got my first tree! I had a little too much time on my hands so I went ahead and made my own ornaments this year. My inspiration came from Emariecreations, an adorable Etsy shop featured on Joy De Vivre Design several weeks ago. When I saw this Holiday Twist Cupcake Pendant it was love at first sight and I thought, "Man, I could totally do that!"

Well one thing led to another and pretty soon I was making all sorts of polymer clay goodies: golden pears, gingerbread men, candy canes, glazed sugar plums and presents tied up up in string. I think they came out pretty damn cute.

Oh, and I couldn't find a tree topper I liked so I grabbed a gift bow from Target and called it a day.




























19 comments :

  1. That tree is as beautiful as its decorator.

    That big bow topper is cool - Hopefully someday you will have a heirloom angel or something for your trees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your tree! Its beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the ornaments! so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys! It was fun making them. Even Mom, who always tells me to grow up when I go on about my current craft project, joined in and made some of her own :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the tree and those ornaments are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! I love that green ball, so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The ornaments are beautiful!
    Merry Christmas!
    Carla
    cpullum(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your tree. Just think, all those homemade ornaments will be used for generations to come!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I'm impressed with your handiwork. It's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. omg these are soo cute.. u have got to teach me how to make em....i go crazy looking for the perfect ornaments...my new motto "nothing will be perfect unless you do it or make it yourself" lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Handmade decorations are always that bit more special than ones you can find in the shops.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The bow is the best part! You soooo crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on the first tree! It's such a grown up feeling, isn't it?

    Love the decorations, girlie :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wish I had time to breathe. Very cool - love that you made your ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your tree, and that's a great topper! I've never thought of that. I just have a big ornament on mine, but I like yours better. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cute ornaments! I'll have to try my hand at those one of these days. Having too much fun marbling glass ornaments at this point...

    ReplyDelete

Say word.