Thursday, July 10, 2008

Tired But Not Stressed

Can someone pleeeaaase tell me why no matter how many hours of shut eye I catch each night I'm still unbelievably tired the next day? It's like I'm doomed to yawn my life away looking like I pulled an all-nighter with these bags under my eyes (muy sexy, I know).

Last night I did get home past my self-imposed bedtime (11 PM if you cared to know) because I was unexpectedly asked out to an event after work (thank the Lord I actually wore a skirt to work for the first time ever so I looked decent). My supervisor and I grabbed dinner and then went to see some indie musicians perform. Performer #1 was actually pretty good. He was this Mexican guy with an old school sound playing his guitar a l'acoustic. He even bothered to crack some jokes and throw some some witty banter our way. Meanwhile, the rest of the audience was acting super rude (seriously, if you want to talk leave the stage area, thanks). We caught the elevator down with him at the end of the night while we were all checking out our goodie bags (they were pretty cheap and I didnt even get gum I liked).

The second performers were this God awful band from Brazil. But of course the guys in the room were all about the lead performer because her black (p?)leather pants were painted on, she kept pouting her big pouty lips, and tossing her hair all over the place. All a distraction, I'm sure, so we wouldn't notice that her guitar and bass players were totally faking on them joints. Faking!! Then when her gay brother jumped up on stage it was a wrap for me. Siblings' hips should not be gyrating that close to each other everrrr!

After a brief interlude performance by Latin rapper Malverde, came the girl my co-workers (more showed up later) and I were waiting for - Chana! Most of you are probably thinking, "Errr, who?" but if you ever watched Popstars on the WB way back in the day you're more than likely to remember her as Rosanna Tavarez, who later went on to form Eden's Crush (another member, Nicole Scherzinger, is currently the lead singer of The Pussycat Dolls). Rosanna also hosted the TV Guide channel for a while. Yup, homegirl (Dominicana from Washington Heights) is doing her thing and going the indie route. She sounded pretty good last night so props to her :)

If only she sang "Love This Way"

2 comments :

  1. Hey face is familiar...but not from singing.. give me more of her background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's not much background to give. If you ever watched Popstars she was one of the winners who made it into the group. Google Eden's Crush and maybe some of the other band members will jog your memory. I'm sure you know the girl from Pussycat Dolls.

    Rosanna was also a host on the TV Guide channel (along with Kimberly Caldwell from American Idol) as well as On-Air with Ryan Seacrest.

    ReplyDelete

Say word.