Saturday, July 26, 2008

The Last Lecture


Yesterday, the author whose book I'd been thinking of choosing as our first Book Club selection passed away. Randy Pausch, author of The Last Lecture, had been diagnosed with terminal pancreatic cancer in September 2006, gave a memorable speech at Carnegie Mellon a year later as part of a "Last Lecture" series, and published this book based off that speech this past April. Extremely popular, and still at the top of bestseller lists, Pausch's book talks about the importance of seizing every moment, overcoming obstacles and living life to the fullest because you never really know how much time you have left.

I know it sounds depressing a la Tuesdays with Morrie. But like Tuesdays (and I loved that book even though I had to stop reading it in the train for fear of crying around strangers), I'm sure I'll take away so much from it. If you haven't read that one yet, I suggest you do and I will let you know when the Book Club officially starts (within the next couple of weeks) so we can read and discuss The Last Lecture together.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Say word.