Tuesday, January 31, 2012

What's Your Workout Routine?

I just got back from working out with Anonymous and I think I'm going to be feeling it in the morning. (A.'s always disappointed when he doesn't wake up sore the following day. Is that masochistic?) Anon.'s lucky enough to have a park across the street with a track and a gym inside her apartment building. How convenient is that?! Apparently too convenient because the woman hardly uses either. Well tonight I:

- Ran a mile around the track and speedwalked another half mile.
- Did 30 sit-ups and 90 crunches.
- Pushed through five push-ups (Man, do I hate those.)
- And an assortment of squats, lunges, bicep curls, and stretches.

It was really nice to have a workout buddy there with me because even though we didn't keep the same pace during our run, we joked and chatted during all the other bits and time flew by. We even taught each other some new routines and made plans to do it all again together next Tuesday. I want to keep doing crunches on my own and also have a Groupon for a month-long membership to the YMCA that I really need to activate soon before it expires.

What are your favorite workout routines? I know it's good to mix things up, but I still prefer to just run around until I get tired. It's so nice to let the mind wander and just let my legs do their thing.

Image: motivationtohabit.tumblr.com

11 comments :

  1. So I didn't wake up the least bit sore this morning...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sore at all either : /

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have to push harder next time...without passing out.

      Delete
  3. I went to NYSC club today. I got the one month membership....lets just say that now I can feel it ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bueno I started feeling it this afternoon so I guess it just took my body a while. How was NYSC? I went to a free cardio class last year and the music was so loud, I came out not knowing which way was up I was so dizzy.

      Delete
  4. lol it was good. Yesterday I took an ab class and a hip hop class. I FELT that hip hop this morning and today I took a total body conditioning class... i feel GOOD!! but of course i just hogged down a chocolate bar.. ugghhhh. tomorrow its abs and yoga. looking forward to that ::)) come with meee pretty pleasee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Y con que membership? I bet yoga is going to feel good tomorrow. You'll stretch out those sore muscles. Be sure to give yourself a day of rest or work out different body parts so you don't overwork them. I'm so proud of you for really powering through this. I need to go do my crunches tonight 'cause I haven't done jack since I left your house con este soreness. A. gave me a nice massage last night and said he'd keep giving them to me if I keep working out. Done!

      Delete
    2. Also, now you can click on the "Reply" button right under my comment and keep our thread going instead of going all the way down to "Add comment." Use that if you want to write a comment without replying to anyone. It's a new feature!

      Delete
    3. Ok I hit reply. I have the 30 day trial membership remember.. get it! The trainer aka this hot Dominican man I met there hehehe told me to bring a friend. Dorkys! I remembered this morning I can't work out on Tuesday because I need to get my hair done after work. We have a party Wednesday after work at City Hall for all the judges and clerks. Tal vez me encuentro con un viejaso por ahi. I can't show up with an afro over there.

      Delete
  5. I was doing so well with working out back when I had friends going with me. They started having babies and stuff, and now I have to go it alone. Which means I never go anymore. I really need to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm happy to hear you're out exercising! How good for you. :) I used to just like running, and nothing else. But after having Evelyn, I wasn't sure running would keep my attention. It helped that my friend had joined a fitness boot camp which gave me another option. Ever since joining it, I've actually come to enjoy my runs better! It's a good mix. The boot camp is non-stop strength and cardio mix for a full hour - running, sit-ups and push-ups of all varieties, squats and weights and stairs and lunges and and and. Keep it up, woman.

    ReplyDelete

Say word.