Friday, January 20, 2012

Happy Friday!

Happy Friday, peeps! Today I have so many links for you; they've been gathering up in my bookmark folder for a while now! Hope it keeps you busy for a few days while I run off to enjoy my weekend with some coffee shop writing, a Saturday afternoon brunch at The Sunburnt Calf on the Upper West Side, and then partying with some nerdy hooligans.

It seems like a bunch of the bloggers I follow have run off to the Alt Design Summit this week and I've been keeping up with their news bits and feedback via Twitter. Have you every attended a blogger conference before? I'm wondering if I should go to one (preferably one right here in NYC). It'd be great to meet some of these personalities in real life and connect with the people behind the websites, don't you think? Plus, some of the speakers sound so inspiring, just the quick tweets and quotes are giving me many ideas.

1. What happens when you leave a bike locked to a street post in NYC and take a photo of it for 365 days.
2. Simple and charming biz cards.
3. An "aww" goes out to these little measuring cups.
4. Fifty-two acts of kindness.
5. A modern wooden dollhouse.
6. Free printable planners and checklists for your week, cleaning to-do's, blogging, and menus.
7. A robot tea infuser.
8. Try this trick the next time you dine with friends who can't stop checking their phones. (via A.)
9. Pinwheels! (Is it spring yet??) And I LOVE this surprise lantern project.
10. This bulldog puppy nearly frustrated me. But yay, a month later he finally learned to roll over on his own.
11. Advice from the elderly about finishing your life with no regrets. (via my sis, Dama)
12. Proenza Schouler's medium suede totes are so nice, but holy jeebus who the hell pays $1,595 for a bag?!
13. Dragon scales cards from Wit & Whistle. (via Claudia's Pinterest board) And hey, you are sweeter than...

Images: all from linked sources

6 comments :

  1. Oh happy Friday. Maybe I will get up extra early and go visit all these sites. :) I'm too sleepy tired this Friday evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you have an awesome weekend! I had an early Friday night too, but I fought it as hard as I could until I passed out too. Lame.

      Delete
  2. I'd like to meet some of my bloggy friends, but not in a conference; I prefer small intimate gatherings.

    Sounds like you have a fun weekend planned! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'd want to attend a conference to check out the panel discussions or learn new things I could implement in my blog or just writing and creating in general. I would obviously want to someday meet a few of my close blog friends separately over dinner and drinks or just hanging around mine/their city. Way more personal, I agree.

      Delete
  3. so many excellent links. thankyou so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have seen bloggers write about some of the conferences in California and they sound awesome and very much worth it. Truthfully I want to know how these chicks are able to quit their day jobs, because this whole leaving the house six days a week just isn't as appealing as it should be! I am glad to have one real life blog friend and my very own NYC tour guide! ;)

    Great Friday links by the way! The phone trick would get a free dinner from several people I know. #11 was great insight. I love talking to elderly people about life. They often have such great advice and have learned to not sweat the small stuff. That Proenza Schouler tote is gorgeous, but more than my mortgage! WOW! For some reason I don't think Bank of America would approve that I give Proenza Schouler their mortgage payment! :)

    Hope you are having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Say word.