Monday, May 16, 2011

Pretty Paper Dreams

Did you have a good weekend, my little monkeybutts? Mine was good and quite busy. I spent Friday night and Saturday morning making some illustrated business cards (that are probably too cute and whimsical for more professional encounters) to hand out during the National Stationery Show. Saturday afternoon took me out to Staten Island for a writing group meeting and didn't get to bed until 2 AM! Not good considering I wanted to be up and out for the trade show as early as possible before starting work at 5 PM.

Well arriving at 1 PM instead of 9 AM isn't so bad right? Still, I wish I had all the time in the world to wander around the massive floor, but thank goodness for my walking list. I was still able to visit the superstars on my list and meet the people behind some terrific companies. Their excitement to be at the show was contagious, I couldn't help but beam back and chat with them about their work, NYC and exhibiting at the show. There were a lot of newcomers debuting their lines so it was nice to hear what the experience has been like for them.

I'll be introducing you to many of them soon...if I can manage to tear myself away from all these lovely catalogs I dragged back home. So if you love all things paper, handwritten notes and snail mail on pretty stationery get ready to swoon. And if you don't (really?), then please bear with the rest of us.

Image: pinterest.com

4 comments :

  1. So jealous!!! Can't wait to hear more!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I commented here before but its gone now.

    Anyhoooo - I like it when you call me (us) monkey butts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was awesome, just a lot going on! I wish I had a better camera so you guys could really see all the pretty things on display at the show. These people are unbelievably creative and talented.

    Intense guy, aww, I like calling you fools monkeybutts too. It's been my own term of endearment for 10 years and counting :)

    ReplyDelete

Say word.