Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Facebook Lets You Download Your Info

Remember when my computer crashed last year and I lost pretty much everything? Well now at least I'll get some of my old pictures back thanks to one of Facebook's newest features. Last month, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg announced that users will soon be able to download all their info - profile, events, messages, wall posts, friends list and yes, photos and videos - onto their computer. Just go into your account settings, click "Download your Info" and a copy of all the data you've put on the site will be saved on your computer in a .zip file. It'd been rolling out slowly, but now it's finally reached me! And here I thought I'd have to right click and "save image as" for 500+ photos...

2 comments :

  1. Maybe I'll start squirreling things away in facebook - when I run out of room on my computer...

    :)

    500 photos? Jeepers... I got to figure out how to "friend" you in FB...

    ReplyDelete

Say word.