Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Light & Airy

This is how I've been feeling the past few days (well, when I'm not feeling tired and sloth-like) and I think the sunny weather has a lot to do with it. (Mmm, Vitamin D! Nature's cure for depression.) I just hope it's this nice for my sister's graduation picnic in Central Park this weekend!

Trouble is light and airy doesn't make for juicy personal blog fodder. I've even lost most of my interest in late-night clubbing (11 PM hits and I'm DONE) so no stories on that front. I've settled in and am quite comfortable just participating in low impact outings (ex: picnics). Call it aging or the "relationship effect," either way it feels nice :)

I came across They Draw and Cook last week and fell in love with the recipe illustrations. This picnic punch sounds yum! And I'm not a watermelon fan, but for those who love it (and are semi-alkie) here's a cool trick to try.

You know I haven't changed up the decor in my apartment since I moved in two years ago? Blah. I think it's time for some newness up in here and preferably with lots of colors to brighten up my drab blue-and-white living room. This butterfly shadowbox looks fairly simple to make.

Now I just wish I could bottle up this deep-breath-in feeling I'm currently enjoying and keep it right by my computer for those moments when I need a whiff of calmness.

P.S. I'm even tempted to read The Happiness Project and jumping on the happy bandwagon. Have any of you read it yet?

8 comments :

  1. same here, dorkys. i'm swamped with paperwork but somehow today i'm feeling really calm. i also think that the sun has a lot to do with it. and yeah, i also hope that this feeling stays :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're in such a great mood. OK, so it doesn't make for exciting stories and such, but who cares? What matters is you're happy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it is definitely the "relationship effect"! I was never much of a party girl even when I was single, but after meeting my husband, I was happy to just sit at home and chill...as long as we were together. :)

    It will be a nice weekend for picnic! Have a lovely time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Light and airy...I like the sound of that. What a great place to be in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm reading the Carrie Diaries (which is pretty light and airy LOL) with some intriging ideas for writing (pg 26 I think it was...)

    And someone told me to read "Fearless" - there is a redhead boy jumping off a dock into a lake with swim flippers on... the cover. The author was Max somebody or other...

    I'm happy seeing you "light and airy" - you deserve a break from heartbreak and angst for a good long while.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loooove the last pic. Beautiful. Keep enjoying your summer ness!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read The Happiness Project. I loved the first few chapters, and I got some good ideas to incorporate into my own life. Then I kind of lost interest more toward the end. I've heard others say this too, so I don't think it was just me! I recommend reading the first half anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh... that butterfly shadowbox is lovely. I'll have to try that sometime. Assuming I can pry myself away from my addictions long enough...

    ReplyDelete

Say word.