Saturday, May 8, 2010

First Taste of St. Lucia

I prefer jotting things down in my notebook, but I decided to type in these musings on my cell phone on our hour-long drive from the airport to the hotel.

- No one clapped when we landed. If you don't know what I'm talking about, take a trip to D.R.

- You know what's weird? Coconut trees with their tops chopped off. These tall, wobbly sticks look like they belong in a Dr. Seuss book instead of here.

- My heart stops each time I see a car up ahead speeding towards us on the right side of the road...until I remember that we're driving on the left.

- Colorful little rooftops on the hillside. Everywhere.

- The foliage reminds me of D.R. That and driving recklessly through these tiny, windy roads. I'm just happy I outgrew my childhood motion sickness.

- I just spotted a group of little boys walking a herd of kids on the side of the road. Didn't know goats could be so cute.

The island has been beautiful thus far and I must take advantage of my last two days! Maybe I'll go comb the beach for sea glass as the sun sets. Hope you're all enjoying the weekend!

11 comments :

  1. Sounds like a great time. I think I'd be scared of opposite driving, too. I don't know that I could get used to that. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're enjoying yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Driving on the left definitely takes a bit to get used to. Good thing you are not the one doing the driving. I was only in St Lucia for a day on a cruise. As I remember it, it is very rainforest-y like. Hope you are having fun with all the traveling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, enjoy! Sounds wonderful and adventures ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you have so much fun and rest and get to take it all in. It sounds dreamy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really thought for a moment that they were herding children...human children. That's how I feel most days. Shuffle this way, that way, move forward...slow down....

    Ah. Your life sounds soooo appealing right now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so beautiful that it doesn't look real!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks really beautiful.

    Hmm... Try as I might, I can't picture you herding goats... cute or otherwise.

    ReplyDelete

Say word.