Thursday, February 18, 2010

Wonka's Exceptional Debut

In other candy news, Wonka just unveiled its premium Wonka Exceptionals line with three new decadent chocolates and two fruit candies. The chocolate varieties - available now - are Scrumdiddlyumptious Chocolate (milk chocolate with bits of toffee, cookies and peanuts), Chocolate Waterfall (a swirl of white and milk chocolates) and Domed Dark Chocolate (dark chocolate topped with milk chocolate drops). I'm particular about my chocolate (read: I only like milk chocolate with crunch) so naturally my fave is Scrumdiddlyumptious. (But really, I just wanted to type it again.) They come in full-sized tablet bars and bags of individually wrapped minis. By the way, is it just me or do you also find it hard to eat a whole bar, but have no problem eating 20 bite-sized pieces?

And in true Wonka style, 10 chocolate packages nationwide will carry the infamous Golden Ticket that will give you a free trip around the world. Thousands of other packages hold Purple Tickets for instant ticket-oriented prizes such as gift cards, airline vouchers and movie tickets.

Wonka Fruit Marvels and Fruit Jellies won't be out until April (Exclusively at Wal-Mart and then Target as well starting in June), but I thought I'd tempt you anyway. I haven't been able to stop eating Red Apple Fruit Jellies since I tasted them this morning. They're just the right amount of chewy and not incredibly sweet. Both will be available in boxes and Fruit Marvels will also come in portable tins that interestingly enough make no sound when you shake them. So no one will hound you for sweets when you're out and about.
P.S. If you're in NYC, Dylan's Candy Bar is already selling Exceptionals chocolate bars and if you swing by the area today, you might snag free samples outside!

P.P.S. Just needed to add that there were Oompa Loompas at this morning's press event. How awesome is that? Though I have to admit, I was a little too freaked to look them in the eye.

13 comments :

  1. Look them in the eye or on the tops of their heads? ;)

    And on a slight tangent, since Kraft bought Cadbury's, our British titan of confectionary, maybe you'll be seeing a plethora of British chocolate coming your way soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Words cannot convey how badly I want a golden ticket.

    And some chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, now I'm dying for some chocolate...and a ticket! How great would that be??!!

    And...ummm...what to Stephen's comment on Kraft buying Cadbury?? We have Cadbury, but not the far superior British kind except for at a few specialty stores. This is fantastic news. If you're into chocolate like I am.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *Drools, then thinks for a minute before deciding, "what the heck," and throwing a temper tantrum which involves shouting, "I want some Wonka chocolate!" over and over again*

    Ahem, sorry about that! I lost control a bit then... It's the chocolate, see? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Argh!! I'm so jealous I'm not in the US. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok. You seriously have to quit doing food posts! It is not good for me. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know. There's been quite the stream of chocolate, cake and candy running through this blog :)

    Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sugared fruit jellies are MAH FAVO TIPO DE DULCES! I feel a stomach ache [feat. bleeding tongue] coming on!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now. Keep it up!
    And according to this article, I totally agree with your opinion, but only this time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love candy so I will keep my eyes out for these in the stores! YUM!!!
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  11. OK...so popped in because you are featured @ A Peek at Karen's World...NO pics of Oompa Loompa's?? tsk tsk tsk. I was hoping the there would be a phone shot!

    I'm in NY and work in NYC - ahhh had I known, being 4'11" I could have given one of the oompa loompa's a 15 minute break!!!

    Great to find you AND following.

    xx

    Cristina

    ReplyDelete
  12. i very much adore your own posting style, very attractive.
    don't give up and keep posting in all honesty , because it simply just worth to look through it.
    excited to see even more of your own well written articles, thankx!

    ReplyDelete

Say word.