Thursday, June 12, 2008

Work Can Be Fun

Ok, so I'm having an odd slow moment here at work (we're still finishing off the current issue so we should be busy busy busy). I just turned in yet another story a bit ago and should probably be working the 5 others I have coming up throughout the month. Instead, I'm online looking for a new hair care line to use on my curly hair. I've been using Garnier Fructis for years and years, but it might be time to give them the boot. I'm contemplating going for Ouidad and my coworker mentioned Bumble and bumble products. Since I'm clueless when it comes to this, I figured I'd use my resources...so I shot an IM over to our Beauty Director.

So we'll see what she recommends. Some weeks ago, I told her my Maybelline mascara made my eyes sting after a while. Her suggestion: Neutrogena Weightless Volume mascara. I've yet to test it out, but she said their products are awesome for those with allergies and it's super light-weight. Then she gave me a free bottle of nude lip gloss that looks just right on me. I love my job. Nothing beats working with a bunch of cool peeps who are experts on so many different areas. :)

I ask all my health-related but-is-mickey-ds-really-that-bad questions to our Lifestyle Editor (and yeah, they all yell at me if I eat too much mickey d's, which I've been really good about! They also try and convince me that veggies are actually good for you...go figure). But my coworkers are a good influence on me. After a while I cave in and opt for the salad instead of the fried food and keep telling myself I'll try to eat better...or just eat more.

If I want to know if a movie totally sucked, I have the entertainment peeps to turn to. I usually don't follow other people's reviews and go see the movie if I want to see it, regardless of whether the buzz on it is good or not. Either way, it's nice to hear someone else's take on a film.

And then for life/relationship/existential-being-at-peace-with-one's self, there's my cool coworker who sits just several feet behind me (and who will gladly IM back when I'm too lazy to speak). She's the one who lent me Mastery of Love and sent me these cool zen podcasts several months ago. Her most spoken phrase: "Get it together." What we need to get together is our motivation to keep learning Italian during our lunch break.

So yeah, my job is pretty awesome. But I'm sure I'm not the only one who not only gets to give back through her work, but also takes away so much from her coworkers. So what have you guys learned from those you work with?

-------------------
PS: Just got back from a quick meeting in the beauty closet (where the fashion/beauty department resides surrounded by racks of clothes, shoes and a table full of products). I think I'm going to give Bumble and bumble's Curl Conscious line a try. We'll see how they work out!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Say word.