Wednesday, June 18, 2008

An Awesome Start to the Day


Not.

Today I'm having a skinny day. That's when I throw on an old pair of jeans only to realize, to my dismay, just how much weight I've recently lost. It's when I look back and find that my butt has totally vacated the premises and that I need to cut another notch several inches into my belt. Sigh.

Then shortly after I realized that today is My Body Sucks Day, my morning became all sorts of frazzled:

- I grabbed my bag to head out the door. Luckily, I didn't leave before glancing down and changing out of my slippers.

- I hurry down the stairs with two bags of trash, an umbrella and purse in hand (because as always, I'm running late) and about to cross the street to the bus stop when I think, "Oh let me take out my Metrocard so I can have it on hand." That soon turns to, "Where the hell is it?" as I'm rummaging through my purse like a damn raccoon going through trash. Finally, cue over to me making my way back up four flights of stairs to grab the card from yesterday's sweater's pocket. Not fun.

Moral of the Morning: Skinny days suck. Don't wear jeans that make you feel horrible about yourself. Granted, I know I need to pile on the pounds stat, but I don't want to feel as if everyone around me is commenting on how baggy my jeans look on me. First step: wash these jeans. Maybe the shrinkage will give my self-esteem a much needed boost.

And I know this was a total rant and should instead revel in the fact that the birds were chirping exceptionally beautifully this morning (loudly, but beautifully) and I should be grateful for waking up to them every morning instead of the fighting and yelling. So a thank you to the neighbor who has those birds by his/her window.

I should also thank the powers that be for not letting me miss the bus this morning even though I had to run back home. Plus, it's nice outside right now and I meet with the T (for therapist) tonight. So I can dump all my issues on her and go on my merry way.

1 comment :

  1. Mira, comete un plato de arroz con pollo guisado, despues un plato de locrio. Believe me, if anyone knows about fatness, its me! :)

    ReplyDelete

Say word.