Monday, January 13, 2014

{Monday Inspiration} Stand Out

As someone who flips back and forth between being a wallflower and then wishing she were brave enough to dance in the spotlight, this poster from Striking Truths caught my attention. Sometimes it's easier to blend in with the crowd and go by unnoticed than to stand out and be recognized for something amazing especially if you cloak yourself in shyness. It takes risk, courage, comfort with vulnerability, and even a little shamelessness to just put it all out there - yourself, your work, your dreams - for the world to see.

I keep contemplating my career choices, my creative ventures, and how I engage with others in social settings. I'm so apprehensive that it keeps me from connecting with people and then I'm left feeling like others don't engage with me as much as I'd like because I don't open up. I observe, I hang around corners, and only when I feel slightly at ease is when little bursts of the real me shoot out. This year, I want to burst all the time, I want to be fearless in a crowd, feel more confident, and go above what could be expected of me both in my career and relationships.

What are your goals for the new year?

Image: strikingtruths.com

1 comment :

  1. Wow, I love this! Yep, I'm working on being fearless in crowds as well. I'm rooting for you! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Say word.