Monday, September 26, 2011

It's the Little Things That Make the Heart Swell

Little Things is a collection of simple moments, feelings and things that brighten up our days. We might think happiness is at the end of more money, a bigger apartment, better clothes, and honestly, they very well could be, but what if we can't get them right this minute? We might as well take note of all the other pleasures that already bring joy to our lives, fleeting as they may be, appreciate them and find ways to multiply their occurrences.

On my list:

wading through puddles and watching the cool water wash over warm rain boots * an unexpected check * doing something nice for someone and not telling anyone * a yawn so good it's followed by a sigh * crunchy fallen leaves * catching myself wave goodbye while on the phone * toothless baby smiles * old couples slowly walking down the street holding hands * peeing after holding it in for a long time * clear day, empty road, windows down, music up * mango sorbet * tip-toeing so A. can kiss my forehead * thoughtful blog comments * meeting a friend for food and getting so caught up in the convo, the waitress comes around three times before you finally get to ordering * being told "I like that name" after meeting me * closing my eyes and feeling the air gush past me when the train enters the station

What's on yours?

Image: justlittlethings.net

4 comments :

  1. I love your list! Among other things, mine contains:

    * Excited dog greetings.
    * Baby chuckles.
    * Morning bird song.
    * Cuddling up with the hubby to watch a movie.
    * Warm blankets on Winter days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :)

    I rather like "peeing after holding it in for a long time"

    Excited dog greetings are nice too!

    *The taste of hot buttered popcorn at the movies.
    *Thoughtful words of any sort.
    *Looking at a beautiful woman as her face lights up in a smile
    *The flow of hot water in the shower on a cold winters morning...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this one as well: meeting a friend for food and getting so caught up in the convo, the waitress comes around three times before you finally get to ordering.

    Kissing my babies' faces over and over and over and over again. While they giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great list.

    One on my list was a discovery this weekend: Watching my 6-year-old nephew stand on the soccer field sucking his thumb while the action was happening on the other end.

    It was too unbelievably cute.

    ReplyDelete

Say word.