Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Adele, "21"

Adele's sophomore album dropped today and I can't wait to get my hands on it so I can play it incessantly. I just hope I fall in love with this one as much as I did with the soulful "19." In fact, I'm going to take a nice hot shower and then listen to that CD as I wind down for the night because it's just been one of those days: too long, too much work, too little time, too meh. Below, her video for "Rolling in the Deep" off the new album.



And her performance of "Someone Like You" at this month's Brit Awards just gave me goosebumps (and I admit, almost made me a bit sad). Now if awards shows only showcased performers with this kind of raw talent, I'd be more inclined to watch and just sit there completely mesmerized.

5 comments :

  1. Her voice is so soulful. I heard her for the first time last week on NPR and am planning on getting her albums, something about her voice really speaks to me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting this, Dorkys. I forgot all about this wonderful lady. I'm in love with her version of "Make You Feel My Love." And "Someone Like You" wow...it made me cry. I need some new music in my life and this is a great place to start.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome! I remember I received her CD as a gift and I'd spend many nights listening to her in the dark. Dark because I was still trying to fight through a rough time in my life and because I'd light candles at night, curl up on the couch with my dog and just listen to her sing until it numbed the pain for a bit.

    Sometimes I miss those days. Not because I want to feel that sad again, but because it made me so still for hours on end.

    "Make You Feel My Love" is my favorite on the last one, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the distinctness of Adele's voice. It brings something different to the industry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why don't I know this person? Make you feel my love, as in...the song on Hope Floats movie? I'm going to have to check her out...maybe use some of my Itunes gift card on her??? To be continued....

    ReplyDelete

Say word.