Monday, January 24, 2011

The Frozen Touch

Does anybody else have this wretched condition? My hands and feet are always freezing cold and no matter how many layers I throw on, nothing warms them faster than planting them right on A.'s warm skin. I don't understand how the man generates so much heat or how he maintains it in these freezing temps, but it's why I love sleeping next to him so much. He'll yelp and forbid me to touch him, but eventually my hands will force their way under his shirt and right onto his belly until I've stolen enough heat to sleep comfortably through the night. And in the morning, my tiny blocks of ice find their way back there again. I know I should feel sorry for the guy, but it's so hard to do when all I can think when I'm torturing him is, "Mmm...toasty..."

Image: i.imgur.com

7 comments :

  1. Yup, this sounds exactly like me and my boyfriend! I'm freezing there with ya girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is definately me and Phil! My feet always miss him when he's away and I have to turn on my electric heater which isn't the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha!! That picture reminds me so much of me and my husband!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have that issue with my feet, and find that hubby's legs are great to warm them up on (he disagrees, but never mind... LOL!) Mind you, part of my issue is how much I hate having anything on my feet. It's not the whole issue though, I mean, I've even had ice blocks for feet when it's been so cold I've been wearing some of my thick pairs of fluffy socks. I don't have the issue with my hands though... Most of the time my hands are warm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That comic is hilarious. I do that exactly to my husband! Oh, except when I was pregnant - I generated so much heat and hardly needed blanket in the middle of winter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy to hear I'm not the only one. Doubt that's going to help my case any though...

    ReplyDelete
  7. For A's sake, I hope you never get Athlete's foot...

    ;)

    ReplyDelete

Say word.