Monday, December 13, 2010

An Update on Toby

Soon after I hit publish on the last entry about Toby, I received a text message from Anonymous saying that Toby was doing well. "Apparently he has a bff now and only likes to sleep on the bed," she wrote.

See, Toby's new owner is Anonymous' brother's girlfriend's cousin (follow?) so at least there's some distant connection there. I'd called last month to check in on how he'd been adjusting, but hadn't heard back...until last night when a picture message of the little black furball arrived on my phone, tongue hanging out as always. I learned that he was very happy and spoiled and that he was helping his new owner get through a difficult health issue.

That sounds about right. Toby's like a hairy little therapist and I'm glad that in some way he's helping someone else cope with life's obstacles the way he helped me. And for that he totally deserves being pampered, cuddled with and spoiled to pieces.

9 comments :

  1. You must be so relieved! And with that distant connection, at least you can still get some status updates on Toby every now and then. Maybe even a visit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am! And supposedly I could visit whenever so I hope to see him some time in the near future. I just wanted to give it some time so he could adjust with his new family/ doggy sibs and so I won't want to steal him right back as soon as I saw him again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that makes you feel so much better! I could totally understand your worry and guilt and anxiety, but knowing that he's happy will hopefully erase that for you because you absolutely did what was best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy Toby is doing well and that you were able to get an update on him. Isn't it amazing how those little fuzzies can help you out so much. I got Barkley during one of the worst years of my life and he helped out more than any medication ever did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's wonderful news to hear! i'm sure it feels a bit better knowing he's well :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the update. :) I hope you're doing swell knowing he's well taken care of. And who uses the word swell since The Brady Bunch? Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you're able to get updates on Toby, and that he's doing well and being pampered in his new home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. :)

    I've actually read this a few times since you posted.

    I've just been happy as can be that Toby and you are doing so well.

    ReplyDelete

Say word.