Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Snippets and Thoughts

It's cold, guys. So cold it hurts. All I can think about on my walk home is:
1. I'm mad it's this cold. It's like being assaulted by an invisible ninja every time you go out.
2. Maybe I should buy some earmuffs. Or at least a hat. Yeah, a hat would be nice. One of those cute ones with the little ears...
3. I can't believe I felt the holidays wouldn't be the same without NYC's snowy weather. Screw that! I cannot WAIT to be in L.A. for Christmas.

And before you ask, no, I haven't started packing yet.
*****

I was feeling incredibly anxious today and all I could think about was drawing a nice, hot bubble bath, lighting some candles and listening to my Adele CD before bed. Instead, I've been here doing randomness on the computer when I should be cleaning and packing. I just know I'm going to leave something behind-

Wow, some lady is going BONKERS on her kids again. I wonder how they'll turn out 20 years from now :/
*****

Oh by the way, did I ever tell you that card design class finished a couple weeks ago? Yup, all done. Now I have to draw from my own motivation and willpower to keep me going and let me tell you, it's been TOUGH. Not on the desire side, but with staying positive when things simply refuse to come out as you envisioned. I think I'll start with a new printer.
*****

Thanks to Kottke, I stumbled upon Kevin Smith's advice on being successful doing what you love. The man had some interesting thoughts to dish out, so I'll leave you with this quote:

The secret to a successful life is hardly a secret; it requires you to be 

self-centered as all f--k, is all. So long as it’s not at the expense of others, make yourself the center of your universe. You only get to do this ONCE, so try to take as much stress out of the process as you can.

Aaand breathe...

Three more days 'til Christmas :)

Image: timmacpherson.com (via designcrushblog.com)

5 comments :

  1. I'm definitely going to be pondering that Kevin Smith quote. Part of me wants to dismiss it as ridiculous and part of me is pretty sure he's right.

    It hasn't been super cold here, but the rain went for five straight days. I'm annoyed. But glad that it finally seems to be over.

    Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That photo is so adorable. And honestly, it's cold here on the East Coast, but it isn't too bad. I really don't think it'd feel like Christmas if I were still in San Diego.
    Hope you have a wonderful safe trip and a very happy holiday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy California!! I hope it dries up a bit before you get there -

    ...and that the flowers all explode in bloom from the rains.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a warm bubble bath and some Adele is the perfect remedy for a cold NYC day. Have a wonderful and warm Christmas in the So. Cal. sunshine! Best, Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can't beat a warm bubble bath, scented candles, and your favourite music!

    ReplyDelete

Say word.