Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Summer Adventures

You guys we're heading on our cross-country road trip in just three days and I've been so anxious! I know it's going to be a blast and all, but I'm such a worry-wart that I'm sure it's a reason why I still haven't been able to sleep well the last two weeks. What if the RV breaks down in the middle of nowhere or one of us falls off the edge of the Grand Canyon Mufasa-style?? Plus, I've had other things on my mind and well, let's just say a couple areas need a revamp or get chucked altogether. It's just going to take a wee bit of bravery to speak up for myself. Are any of you good at that?

On a side note, this trip has finally spurred me to make some new business cards to take along with me. Since I'll be working and pitching ideas from the road, it can't hurt to have something to give business owners after I ask if I can take some photos for a blog post or story. So I made these inspired by Ellie Snow's design for Mint back in 2010, which were super simple and cute. Now I just need a little holder for them.

I know I'll be doing lots of mulling over and acting on things to do after I return. The beautiful countryside and open roads are sure to spark an inspiration or two so here's to going with the wind and returning with good stories to tell!

Do you have any fun road trip stories or photos to share? If so, I'd love to spotlight your trip on Dry As Toast! If you're interested in contributing while I'm on the road, shoot me an email at dorkysramos[at]gmail.com.

P.S. What are you guys doing for the 4th of July? I just bought a shutter release cable for our camera and would love to shoot some fireworks if I could just manage the crowds.

Image: brandymelvilleusa.com

4 comments :

  1. I hope you get a chance to post some pictures while you are on the road. Would love to follow along.

    We got some sparklers for the 4th. Hoping to capture some pictures of Anna holding one. Wish me luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. RV Road Trips are the BEST! You'll have a great time and just take it one day at a time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got home from watching some fireworks. A co-worker told me about a spot in the parking lot of the local high school where people park and watch the fireworks without having to fight the crowd at Ribfest. It was an excellent idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Try and focus on enjoyingyour trip rather than worrying about the "what if" images in your head!

    ReplyDelete

Say word.