Friday, July 27, 2012

{Happy Friday} In Nature

Needless to say I got a nice serving of nature during our two week road trip. Not only did I finally give camping a try and get close and personal with the flies in our RV, but I also enjoyed trekking through lush greenery (hoping we wouldn't encounter a bear) and then trying to capture the stars at night. For someone who loves shooting landscape photos and animals, it was a dream. Even A. was smitten with the scenery in Wyoming and Utah and I think he surprised himself when he was completely overtaken by how cute buffalo are. ("It's so fluffy!!") I actually had to keep the man from running out the door to hug one and get gored in the process.

I don't know where I'll end up setting my roots, but one things for certain: I'd be happiest near water. There's something about hearing a flowing river or just staring out onto a lake reflecting the sky above that's so meditative to me. Perhaps because it completes the trifecta needed to sustain life: air, earth, and water. I just hope things remain as they are so that someday my children can set off and see our beautiful environment as I had years before them.

Images: all mine except for buffalo and soaring eagle photos, which were taken by Andrew Gonsalves

8 comments :

  1. I love living near water. In Wales I lived near a river, and now I live by the ocean!

    Isn't nature beautiful? And so intoxicating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's certainly addicting. I wish we lived out there even though I wonder if the city girl in me would get tired of it eventually.

      Delete
  2. I love being out in nature. There's something so pure about getting away from the big city and just enjoying life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous pictures you guys captured! Those buffalo do look fluffy enough to want to hug, but good plan on keeping Andrew back! :)

    I would love to visit Fallingwater one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joy! I see you've been traveling around, too. Hope your summer has been just as splendid!

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous shots! I always get confused between buffalo and bison. Hope you are enjoying your summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks, Tristan. That means so much! I took a ton of photos on my two week cross country road trip that I still have to go through and edit them down. It was so much fun capturing the beauty though :)

      Delete

Say word.