Friday, June 29, 2012

{Happy Friday}

This week, while quite productive, was a bit of torture because I was suffering from insomnia for a few days straight. I'd wake up feeling so sick and zombified, nap attempts were accompanied by crazy dreams, and it felt like the back of my head weighed a ton. Has that ever happened to you?

In trying to come up with possible reasons for my sleeplessness (hard mattress, tossing and turning, my body becoming more used to my boyfriend's bed, heat, hunger, stress, not powering down before bedtime), I realized how lightening fast I usually fall asleep when I'm at A.'s house. It might sound like a good thing, but falling asleep within five minutes of lying down (like I do when I'm visiting him) is a sign of sleep deprivation. Even when I'm hyped and say "I'm not sleepy! I'm not sleepy! I'm not Zzzzzzzz..." I'm out as soon as my head hits the pillow! I just wish I felt refreshed when I got up in the morning.

I don't know what the underlying issues are, but I finally got a better night's rest last night after taking some NyQuil and a warm shower. Fingers crossed that the next few days continue to be a restful one because we're heading out on our road trip in just one week!Do you have any fun plans coming up?

Hope you monkeybutts have an awesome weekend and enjoy some link love:

Twelve modern beds I could probably sleep way better in.
A list of road trip apps that Dellah sent along to me. (Thanks, lady!)
I found the New York Times 36 Hours travel book for half off at Barnes and Noble!
The perfect cheese platter.
Nora Ephron's lists of what she'll miss and what she won't.
Tom and Katie to divorce while Adele expects her first child.
Ten good and cheap eats in New York City.
Need new calling cards?
Free design tutorials from Nicole's Classes.
A call for recipe + story submissions for an Oh My! Handmade kitchen party.

Image: etsy.com

2 comments :

  1. I saw a commercial on tv for a new sleep aid that's not Nyquil. I think it's called ZZZZQuil. Not sure what's in it, but might be worth looking into.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Has that happened to me? Hell yeah! That's what it's like for me almost all the time. Eventually exhaustion kicks in and I get a good sleep, but then we go back to where we started. The doctors blame a lack of light perception and short of having me on sleeping pills the rest of my life can't do anything, so I just suffer. Now I've put up with it for a few years it's not too bad most of the time. I can't function when my anemia is bad though; anemia causes fatigue as it is, and that combined with already not feeling very full of energy means I generally spend those times not doing anything that isn't essential, and laying down a lot.

    Anyway... Good luck with getting in some good rest!

    Oh, and as for plans... No fun plans right now. If I do anything fun I'll be sure to blog about it though. :)

    ReplyDelete

Say word.