Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Apple Founder Steve Jobs Passes Away

President Obama made a good point when he said "there may be no greater tribute to Steve's success than the fact that much of the world learned of his passing on a device he invented." I'm going through my Facebook and Twitter feeds on my Mac to see that they are now filled with his inspiring words about following your passion. So I thought I'd add my favorite to the mix.

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary." -Steven Jobs

This news coupled with my breast cancer awareness coverage, a funeral, and a close friend's health concerns have left me feeling quite sad and inspired. A mind and life fully lived are such terrible things to waste. Don't deprive the world of your greatness.

UPDATE: Thursday morning's BET.com assignment: a roundup of Steve Jobs' most significant inventions. I'm a mini expert on the man now.

Image: apple.com

3 comments :

  1. Being a geek - I first heard of the "legendary" Steven Jobs back in the day when I had an Apple IIe (with 64K of memory! circa 1983-4) and heard how the company had started in a garage (much like Hewlett and Packard, now Compaq).

    The first Apples were hand-built by Steve Wozniak.

    I hope the spirit of the big geek lives on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I'm old fashioned... I heard about it via a regular radio.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's pretty amazing, what an impact he had on the world. I keep thinking that he started Apple when he was much younger than I am now. I have been wasting so much time.

    ReplyDelete

Say word.