Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Would You Ever Get Inked?

Would you ever get a tattoo? I've come across some really beautiful artwork lately, but I could never commit to getting my skin inked. For one, needles freak me out and there's no way I'd willingly go through pain like that. Then there's the side of me who worries that I'll get bored with my tattoo just a few months in though I don't know why; I've had the same textiles and decor in my house for years and haven't had a real desire to change it all up (due to laziness really). Plus, I like to keep my body fairly untouched. I've never dyed my hair, don't play around with wild makeup colors, and if my mom didn't have my ears pierced when I was a baby I'd probably never wear earrings at all. Pretty tame, huh?

But would you ever get a tattoo? Do you have one already? If I ever dared to get one I think mine would be nature-inspired or perhaps tiny and whimsical. A. loves science so much he got an atom tattooed over his heart when he was 18!

P.S. If you're a curious scaredy-cat like me, Tattly makes designer temporary tattoos that are quite adorable. I'm loving this enamorado chap and this cartoony taxi cab.

Images: pinterest.com and flickr.com

5 comments :

  1. I've wanted a tattoo since college, but I don't think I could ever go through with it. I can't even write on my skin with a pen -- and that's only temporary!

    I also swore I'd never dye my hair, but once I did and it kinda changed my life. Red is the color I think I was always supposed to have. People can't even tell it isn't natural. It just feels like me in a way my natural hair color doesn't anymore. (And when beginning to do this, I did use temporary hair dyes...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I'd ever get a tattoo. But I do know that if I ever ever changed my mind, I already know what I'd get (an image inspired by Yoshitomo Nara's work). I know, it's kind of strange. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have 2 tattoos; a Welsh dragon on my right upper arm which was done at the same time as my brother... A sort of bonding thing since we both wanted one and I was moving to Canada (though the fact we ave the exact same picture and in the same spot wasn't arranged; that just happened). And a heart and bone with flowers that I had done for my little Westie, Kero when I had to give him up and thought I'd never get him back. I'm planning on another as soon as it can be arranged, which will be a permanent bracelet of little roses. I love roses, and would love to be able to wear bracelets, but I break them too easily. So I'm going to get myself one I can never break. I plan to get one done for each of my kids when I have some too, but what I have done will depend on the child (not the child's opinion; the child's gender and what she or he makes me feel is a good symbol for them).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've pondered the tattoo. And I can't ever come up with something I'd want etched on me permanently, no matter how permanent I deem those things to be in my life. I always determine my decision is based off the fact that I've never been a visually artistic person, and probably can't see the value in it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love a tat, but I don't like needles much either. That and like constant change... well at least in hair color and decor around me. Everything else can pretty much stay the same once I get it the way I want it. If I was to ever get one, however, it might be a dragonfly or 3 little bumblebees.

    ReplyDelete

Say word.