Thursday, August 4, 2011

Move, Eat, Learn

I just got a chance to see Rick Mereki's super short videos depicting three basic elements of travel - moving, eating and learning - and they're making me want to leave town right now. On his Vimeo page, the Australian director describes the project as "3 guys, 44 days, 11 countries, 18 flights, 38 thousand miles, an exploding volcano, 2 cameras and almost a terabyte of footage... all to turn 3 ambitious linear concepts based on movement, learning and food ....into 3 beautiful and hopefully compelling short films.....

= a trip of a lifetime."

My favorite is "Learn." Exploring and then walking away with a piece of that culture seems like the ultimate souvenir to me.






3 comments :

  1. That's it. I am buying myself a video camera. I'm just thinking about all the opportunities I had to record some really incredible things on my road trip. These videos are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness - what a great lot of videos - so feel good, I'm smiling so much as a result - and oh my goodness - I want their job!! what a great time they must have a had... and is it just me or is he super hot?!

    www,simplystylishmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog through Not Your Average Ordinary (http://www.notyouraverageordinary.com/). :)

    I had been hearing about these videos all over the place so I finally watched them. Incredible stuff. My first reaction was "That's a lot of money and flights for a 1 minute video" but then I realized they experienced all that stuff and the video was just a fun by-product.

    I went to Amsterdam a couple of years ago and it was such a refreshing experience. The art museums, the people, the conversations... It's nice to get out once and a while to experience something new. And the nice thing is you don't have to go very far! We can take weekend trips to Florida or Portland or somewhere exciting and experience a new culture just across the country. :)

    By the way, your blog is absolutely gorgeous. I love the design, the colors (the orange!) and the fonts. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Say word.