Monday, April 28, 2014

Crawling Back


So I know I went and pulled a disappearing act for a couple months here, but things got a little crazed on my end. And by crazed I also mean lazy because sitting to write a blog post after working two jobs and designing greeting cards sounded like total torture. Sometimes I wonder if I couldn't just put out snippets of voice recordings created in my shower because it seems to be the only time I have to contemplate blog post topics in my head (but then you'd have to listen to me practice my renditions of Whitney Houston songs and Frozen's "Let It Go").

There's my wonderful trip to Chicago and the photos that I've yet to even look through, the DIY art blitz that occurred on the home front, the joys of hosting friends so much more frequently now that I'm back in Manhattan, the new book I'm reading about the benefits of meditation, feeling like I'm chasing too many things. So much to tell you and yet the idea of recounting it all leaves me feeling overwhelmed. It's like wanting to catch up with a friend you haven't seen in years and just postponing reaching out because of the time commitment you feel the encounter deserves.

But sometimes a little hello is all it takes to a least get the conversation flowing again. So, hello again.

4 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. Hi, love! Sorry I went MIA, but thanks for pulling me back in with your sweet comment...albeit weeks later.

      Delete
  2. Welcome back,
    Your dreams were your ticket out.

    Welcome back,
    To that same old place that you laughed about.

    Well the names have all changed since you hung around,
    But those dreams have remained and they're turned around.

    Who'd have thought they'd lead ya (Who'd have thought they'd lead ya)
    Here where we need ya (Here where we need ya)

    Yeah we tease him a lot cause we've hot him on the spot, welcome back,
    Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "So much to tell you and yet the idea of recounting it all leaves me feeling overwhelmed. It's like wanting to catch up with a friend you haven't seen in years and just postponing reaching out because of the time commitment you feel the encounter deserves."

    YES!

    ReplyDelete

Say word.