Monday, November 25, 2013

One Minute You're Here


I was going to share some happy news with you today, but I hope you'll forgive me if that waits until tomorrow. Yesterday, I learned that an uncle of mine passed away in the Dominican Republic and since then all I've been able to think about is my grieving father and how fleeting life is. My heart is just heavy right now at the thought of having lost such a loving person and all those questions and feelings of sadness and anger that come with death.

I wish I spent more time with him as an adult since he was always so caring and kind when we'd visit as children, but I'm thankful for having seen him one last time during our trip there this summer. I'm so thankful that after nine years apart I got to hug him and kiss him and let him know that I loved him so very much. I only wish that weren't the last time I got to tell him so.

Image: etsy.com

3 comments :

  1. Its trite - but every good bye might be the last one - we all need to think about how we leave things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry. It's hard to lose people we love.

    ReplyDelete

Say word.